Clack Filter-Ag Plus® is a clinoptilolite natural media with a large surface area and microporous structure, which can be used as a highly efficient filter media for the reduction of suspended matter. This is the media we use in our lightweight 2510SXT Iron Removal System.
The advantages of Filter Ag Plus is deep bed filtration results in superior water quality and reduces the load on downstream equipment. There's high sediment removal capacity results in longer filter runs, with a substantial savings in backwash water and time that the system is out of service. These high service flow rates result in lower equipment costs and a savings in space.
Filter-Ag Plus is an all-natural, environmentally safe product.
• Color: White to off white
• Dry Bulk Density: 50 lbs/cu.ft
• Specific Gravity: 2.2 g/cc
• Mesh Size: 14x30
• Effective Size: 0.55mm
• Uniformity Coefficient: 1.8
• Hardness: 4-5 (Mohs Scale)
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
• Water pH: Wide range
• Max. Water Temp: 140˚F/60˚C
• Bed Depth: 24”-48” (36” for optimal filtration)
• Freeboard: 50% of bed depth
• Backwash Flow Rate: 14-18 gpm/ sq.ft.
• Backwash Bed Expansion: 30-40% of bed depth
• Service Flow Rate: 12-20 gpm/sq.ft.
• Influent water quality and effluent requirements may affect operating parameters
• A gravel support bed is required
• Allow bed to saturate before initial backwash