Clack Filter-Ag Plus® is a clinoptilolite natural media with a large surface area and microporous structure, which can be used as a highly efficient filter media for the reduction of suspended matter.
• Deep bed filtration results in superior water quality and reduces the load on downstream equipment.
• High sediment removal capacity results in longer filter runs, with a substantial savings in backwash water and time out of service.
• High service flow rates result in lower equipment costs and a savings in space.
• Reduced shipping cost due to lighter weight/cu.ft.
• Replacement of multimedia with Filter-Ag Plus in existing installations may increase filter capacity.
• Filter-Ag Plus is an all-natural, environmentally safe product.
• Color: White to off white
• Dry Bulk Density: 50 lbs/cu.ft
• Specific Gravity: 2.2 g/cc
• Mesh Size: 14x30
• Effective Size: 0.55mm
• Uniformity Coefficient: 1.8
• Hardness: 4-5 (Mohs Scale)
CONDITIONS FOR OPERATION
• Water pH: Wide range
• Max. Water Temp.: 140˚F/60˚C
• Bed Depth: 24”-48” (36” for optimal filtration)
• Freeboard: 50% of bed depth
• Backwash Flow Rate: 14-18 gpm/ sq.ft.
• Backwash Bed Expansion: 30-40% of bed depth
• Service Flow Rate: 12-20 gpm/sq.ft.
• Influent water quality and effluent requirements may affect operating parameters
• A gravel support bed is required
• Allow bed to saturate before initial backwash